I thought I should write a little about the tug that will be towing the camprite around. It's a 2005 Dual Cab SR Hilux. I bought it a couple of years ago when i first moved up to the Pilbara, it wasn't much, but i had a vision for it and I reckon I have it where i want it now, well nearly. although this past 2 weeks it has cost me some money.
A $1200 service, followed by a trip to the auto lec last week to suss out an electrical gremlin and the air con decided to kark it whilst there, $1700 later and I have a new air con in the ute.
Here's a list of mods I've done since i bought it. Have done all the work myself along with a couple of mates who have lent thier skills and knowledge along the way, so thanks to them for thier help.
Dual Batteries (home made bracket, Thanks Motty)
On board compressor under bonnet
On board shower
Lightforce 210 genisis HID's
Rhino roof racks
Home made boat racks (thanks Jarrod)
2" Tough Dog Suspension lift ( thanks for the help there Buff, and the fright of my life)
BF Goodrich KM2 Mud Terrain tyres
Dual wheel Carrier with outborad motor mount (homemade, thanks Motty)
Reversing Camera
High lift jack mount
1000 watt inverter
40lt Engel & 47lt ARB
Canvas Canopy and ally frame
3" Roo System aluminised exhaust
LED lighting in the canopy
Safari Snorkel, (thanks Nic for having no fear cutting a big hole in the side of my ute, i was to scared too)
GME TX3100 Uhf
120 watt solar panel on the roof to keep the batteries topped up on extended stays to help keep the beer cold.
I'm sure there is more, well it feels like it the amount of money i have forked out for it. Have managed to save a lot of money by doing things at home.
The camper trialer is a 2005 camprite TL8.
I was inspired to get a camprite after seeing a couple of my mates that they bought up here and how friendly they are for young families and ease of use and all up off the ground. after searching for a while i found one in Perth that has done very little work in it's short life.
So far I have wired up some LED lighting on the Kitchen for the "cook to be able to see a bit better, some LED lighting will go inside wholst on the road next week before i pick the girls up in Broome next Tuesday. Other than that we are stoked with the camprite, they are a very well built trailer and turn heads everywhere you take it. I look forward to giving the Hilux and camprite a good work out in the next couple of months. have a 120 watt foldable solar panel to keep the battery in the trailer topped up.
Only 2 more sleeps untill i am officailly unemployed and on the road having an explore around the place with my 2 girls on our journey home to the east coast.
Cheers
No comments:
Post a Comment