Thursday, 10 May 2012

It's getting closer

It's finally been made official, my end date on Pluto is the 25th May :)  Knickers & Raz will be flying back "home" on the 22nd May for a week to take our dog Lexi back over east and into a kennel while we are on our trip home.  In the meantime I will be leaving the gates of Pluto at 12:30 on the 24th, cracking a beer in the car park, have a quick reminice of the good times I've had over the past couple and a half years in K-Town and then drive away heading straight for Exmouth and a dive with the whale sharks.

We did a quick trip up to 80 mile beach last weekend for a quick getaway which was good, I think we have all we need for our camper trailer now.  i have done a bit of trailer maintenance this week, re did the wheel bearings and i have some more LED lighting to do this week.  I will post pics from 80 mile soon.

I'll have myself 5 days to get to Broome where I will pick up the girls and then we're headed straight to Kununurra for the ord valley muster where we will get to watch Paul Kelly, Kasey Chambers and the Black Sorrows play.  I will be catching up with a few mates from Pluto who will also be there, so that will be nice.

Today the Hilux (havn't named it yet) is in getting all her fluids changed out and a major service done prior to the big trip.  we also thought we should get some new family pics, which we will be getting today, including Lexi, it will be a nice memory of our time here in the pilbara. 

We will miss this place, we have made some life long friendships here and it will be hard to leave, however all good things come to an end, and we move on to another adventure as a family.  I have no doubt we will be back, it would be too hard not to come back.

We have decided to make our new home at a place called Forrest Beach, which is 20 mins from Ingham,  We have adapted really well to the small town lifestyle while living here in Karratha and have decided that that is what we want as our family grows and hopefully expands.

Thats enough dribble from me today.
Cheers,
Slippery

No comments:

Post a Comment